We are looking for a bold, detail oriented business analyst to join our growing team! This is a new, dynamic role specifically created to help shape our continued growth. It is an exciting opportunity and a chance to make a huge impact.
You should join us if you are an effective communicator, you can identify business gaps and opportunities, and you have a deep understanding on how to gather effective business requirements. You're a veteran when it comes to documentation and being resourceful. You are Self-driven and efficient, with dynamic problem solving skills. You are flexible with regards to job responsibilities and a strong willingness to jump in and help where needed. You have an extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes. You demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in what you do.
In this role, you will transform ideas into solutions through requirement gathering and conducting business analysis. You will be comfortable working with stakeholders using your experience and techniques to work as a liaison among stakeholders and team members. You should be able to recommend and guide stakeholders to prioritize solutions that enable to achieve project goals.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Participate in business and user requirement gathering.
- Review and analyze business and user requirements.
- Ensure the functionality, usability, performance, and supportability of the requirements.
- Develop detailed functional requirements documents leading into system design.
- Assist in interpreting highly complex requirements on large mission-critical projects.
- Develop business proposals for software solutions to meet requirements.
- Review and critique technical solutions to ensure they meet the necessary requirements.
- Lead Change Control activities. This includes drafting of change control records, technical implementation plans, deviations, and updates to supporting documentation.
- Develop business process workflow diagrams and system level logical/physical architecture diagrams.
- Conduct, provide and be accountable for the accuracy of project work estimates.
- Work with tech lead to analyze and resolve technical deviations in requirements.
- Formulate options and assess their relative merits and risks, and work with respective stakeholders to determine the best solution.
- Readily re-apply technical and business insights to new situations.
- Analyse existing software systems and procedures that need evaluation to identify deficiencies and make recommendations.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Strong business and technology acumen; solid understanding of software services, processes, measures and related capabilities.
- Experience interfacing with Business Owners to gather requirements is required.
- Understanding of database design principles and system analysis.
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and evaluate solutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details.
- 5 years of business analysis experience in both technical and functional roles.
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Technology or Business equivalent.
- Professional certifications such as CBAP.