Villvay is a web development company specialized in building solutions for tech startups and Enterprises in the US. We develop various applications for businesses including apps in the Google Ecosystem and Unified Communications solutions for systems such as Vonage, Microsoft - Skype for Business, Google for work, Salesforce and many more.
We are looking for highly motivated and skilled developers who could join our vision of building world class tech solutions to solve interesting business problems using latest, most efficient and sensible technology.
Job Specifications / Qualifications
- Actively code, architect and develop highly reliable, scalable and maintainable web applications.
- Actively participate in the evolution of our technology stack and best practices.
- Work with other developers to participate in day to day development efforts ensuring quality and stability of builds.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure architectural alignment and quality.
- Mentor and inspire junior developers.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and industry.
- 5+ years of experience in Python full stack development
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Developer
- Experience in Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, etc.) and Python analytics libraries (Jupyter, NumPy, Pandas, etc.)
- Keen interest in emerging technologies such as Data science / AI / Machine learning etc.
- System architecture experience including basic system administration
- Experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle (specification, design, coding, testing, implementation and maintenance)
- Strong experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Expert knowledge of SOAP, RESTful web services
- Design and implement reusable software components
- Evaluate vendor/ 3rd party products
- Expert level knowledge of database concepts and Relational Databases (SQL)
- Experience in Google App Engine or AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure
- Extensive experience with GIT, Continuous Integration / Delivery
Non Technical Qualifications
- Has good command of the English language
- Is not afraid to propose solutions that challenge the status quo
- Is willing to handle both large projects and small tasks as needed
- Is able to switch between multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines
- Ability & willingness to quickly learn new concepts, software as necessary and grow professionally
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, or related disciplines
- Flexibility and a positive attitude