We are on the lookout for someone who will be a key stakeholder in Villvays constant journey towards technical excellence. The ideal candidate will leverage their extensive knowledge and experience to lead, manage and guide our technical teams.
Sounds like you? Apply here or share this around to help someone find their perfect role!
- Lead the design and refinement of system architecture, ensuring alignment with project objectives and industry best practices.
- Oversee code quality by conducting rigorous code reviews, enforcing coding standards, and promoting adherence to best practices across Villvay.
- Spearhead solutions to intricate technical challenges, troubleshoot issues, and offer innovative problem-solving approaches throughout development.
- Be a major part of project planning, including scope definition, objective establishment, and deliverable creation.
- Lead projects to successful completion, adhering to schedules and budgets by collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of top-tier software solutions.
- Identify potential project risks and implement mitigation strategies to preempt issues that could impact project outcomes.
- Maintain comprehensive technical documentation, including architecture diagrams, design documents, and API specifications.
- Managing and leading engineering teams while offering technical mentorship to team members, ensuring their professional growth and development.
- Foster effective collaboration and facilitate transparent communication among cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and QA engineers, to align technical solutions with customer needs and project objectives.
- Lead the resolution of complex technical issues that may arise during development or in production.
- Develop and uphold incident management procedures to guarantee swift responses to system outages or critical incidents.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies in software development and engineering, evaluating and suggesting new tools, frameworks, and methodologies to enhance project efficiency, quality, scalability and performance.
- Managing and overlooking multiple projects in technical aspects.
- Leading and driving effective client communications when necessary.
- Becoming an ambassador of Villvay’s values when representing the company to its stakeholders.
- 9-12 years of experience in software development, with a minimum of 3 years in a technical leadership role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Strong proficiency in Java
- Experience with building enterprise-distributed systems in an agile scum environment
- Excellent at enterprise-level problem-solving
- Excellent critical-thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead and mentor technical teams
- Project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for clear and effective interactions with team members, stakeholders, and clients
- Client-focused approach to delivering solutions.
- Showcase proactivity, strategic prowess and be knowledgable
- Possess a high level of situational awareness on a team context
- Knowledge of common data engineering patterns (e.g., batch processing, micro-batching, lambda/kappa architectures)
- Experience implementing appropriate patterns for different use cases
- Knowledge of big data tools and frameworks, such as Hadoop, Spark, or Flink
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB, or Couchbase
- Exposed to working with PHP systems and frameworks
Villvay is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits and perks may include:
- Dollar-pegged salaries
- Paid parental leave
- Paid menstrual leave
- Opportunities to network and connect with a global team
- Hybrid work model
- Flat structure
- Amicable work environment and great peers
- Exposure to international clients and business processes
- Attractive remunerations based on your experience and skills
- Real career growth opportunity for the right person
- OPD and Insurance