Associate Tech Lead - PHP
Apply NowFull-time • Hybrid
We are seeking an Associate Tech Lead to lead a team of PHP engineers. The ideal candidate will have a foresightful, creative, and analytical bent of mind, with a passion for detail and technical expertise. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing a team of developers and delivering high-quality software products.
- Design and develop enterprise-scale software solutions
- Closely interacting with the clients in order to fulfil their requirements in a technically optimal manner
- Translate storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable codeOKEnsure engineering best practices, security, performance, quality, and responsiveness aspects of the software solutions
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Mentor and lead junior developers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of cloud application development experience using PHP.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and curious to learn and explore.
- Proficiency in Laravel Framework
- Understanding MVC structure development patterns and OOP is a must
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST, GraphQL
- Hands-on exposure in working with cloud providers like Azure and AWS
- Good knowledge of data concepts and design of good scalable data modelling
- Experience with GIT, Continuous Integration / Delivery, and Composer.
- Working with Linux-based systems and should have basic Linux Commands skills.
- Proven ability to author clean, standards-compliant code
- Ability to work in Agile-team environments.
- Communication skills with a sound command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Willing to handle both large projects and small tasks as needed.
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle (specification, design, coding, Testing, implementation and maintenance).
- Excellent knowledge in planning and building web applications. Flexibility to work in deadline-driven environments
- Experience in containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Security best practices in general and understanding of securing PHP applications.
- Worked with React.js or any front-end SPA framework.
- Deep understanding of the Laravel ecosystem
- Worked in large enterprise-scale distributed applications/microservices.