HR and Compliance Lead
Apply NowPermanent employment • Hybrid
We are on the lookout for a professional with exceptional integrity and a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in a corporate setting. The ideal candidate should be smart and effective when addressing employee concerns and inquiries while also fostering a positive and compliant workplace culture.
- Ensure compliance with employment statutory requirements (EPF/ETF, taxes, etc.).
- Provide HR legal and regulatory guidance to management and employees.
- Develop and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local regulations and industry best practices.
- Manage and maintain employee records, including leave and attendance, payroll information, and other related documents.
- Coordinate with external legal and regulatory bodies as required, including labour department, tax authorities, and other relevant agencies.
- Conduct periodic audits and reviews of HR processes and practices .
- Process monthly payroll accurately and on time.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on payroll-related matters.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in local regulations and industry best practices related to HR compliance.
- Perform general HR and administrative duties.
- Supervise maintenance staff and company property.
- Participate in cross-functional HR initiatives and projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders in government authorities related to HR compliance, including labour department, tax authorities, and other relevant agencies.
- Ensure that all documents pertaining to statutory requirements are properly maintained.
- Be responsible for employee off-boarding process.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Become an ambassador of Villvay’s values when representing the company to its stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in HR Management, Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of HR compliance experience, with focus on statutory compliance, labor law, and payroll management.
- Attention to detail for accurate and timely payroll processing and legal compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal stakeholders, external agencies, and employees at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret legal and regulatory requirements, identify potential compliance issues, and recommend solutions to management.
- Maintain confidentiality between Villvay and its stakeholders.
- Professional conduct in handling employee grievances.
- Work cohesively with the People Operations team.
- Effective communication skills for sensitive information with Villvay employees.
- Qualifications in law or compliance.
- Experience in tech industry.
Villvay is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits and perks may include:
- Dollar-pegged salaries
- Paid parental leave
- Paid menstrual leave
- Opportunities to network and connect with a global team
- Hybrid work model
- Flat structure
- Amicable work environment and great peers
- Exposure to international clients and business processes
- Attractive remunerations based on your experience and skills
- Real career growth opportunity for the right person
- OPD and Insurance